Goal: Position Doritos within the Xbox gaming community as the snack of choice. The promotion allowed game players to become game designers, with a chance to have their game concept turned into an actual Xbox game.
An Integrated Solution = Thousands of Submissions
We created the Web site to support the promotion. The site included tools for users to:
• Upload their game concepts & vote on the games they like
• Take part in daily Xbox instant win giveaway sweeps
• Communicate with other players & watch the video documentaries
• Play Beta versions of the five finalists’ game ideas
Five games that best incorporated the spirit and essence of Doritos were selected by a panel of game experts and Doritos brand managers. Blockdot produced online prototypes of these games, posted the games on the site, and the community determined which became an Xbox title.
• The site attracted over 1 million unique visitors
• Time on site 7:27 minutes. Time spent on the site increased to 11 minutes while games were being reviewed.
• Final Xbox Game was downloaded 1 million times in 2 weeks. The fastest title to hit 1 million downloads on XBLA history.